Please dial 911 for "any emergency"
Then Call the Office at (831) 423-1530, After Office Hours Call the Manager (831) 345-0879.
For more Emergency information see the menu item "Local Resources" under the : "BOARD / CONTACT" tab.
Paradise Park begins in 1924 when the land was purchased by some Masons looking for a place to cool down during the hot summer months of Fresno. Today, not only do we have a wonderful heritage rich in history, historical sites, and family traditions, but we also have a prevailing fraternal spirit based on Masonic values.
Paradise Park Masonic Club, Inc. is located about 2 miles from downtown Santa Cruz, California along the San Lorenzo River. This area was once dotted with saw mills in the early 1800’s, followed by a short lived San Lorenzo Paper Mill in 1860, and then finally the California Powder Works in 1861. Once incorporated, CPW began manufacturing gun powder in May of 1864. It was here that “smokeless gun powder” was first used. Explosions were frequent with the worst explosion occurring on April 26, 1898. The company ceased operating at this location in 1914.
In 1924, the land was purchased by a group of Masons seeking a place to get out of the heat of Fresno. Their vision was a place for campsites and family recreation. Today the 138 acres of land are jointly owned by 391 members belonging to the Freemasons or the Order of The Eastern Star. On a walk around Paradise Park, besides the numerous places to live, one would find historical structures and markers, a covered bridge (1872), picnic grounds and a social hall for all our many activities and various recreational facilities. With all this, it is the fellowship of our Masonic members that makes Paradise Park Masonic Club, a paradise.
Paradise Park Masonic Club
Board President 2007-08